Sunday, March 21, 2010

Luck of the Irish

Ok, I know its already been Saint Patrick's Day, but I have got to share these! They are so cool!


No recipe here, I'll just walk you through a few simple steps.

First, prepare a white cake mix, and dye it the desired shade of green with food coloring!


Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.


Bake cupcakes according to directions on package.



Cool completely.


Then prepare Creamy White Frosting.


And this my friends is edible food color spray! Looks neat, doesn't it? I got mine at Hobby Lobby, but you can probably find it in any craft stores or specialty cake shops.


Frost cupcakes. Then lightly spray each cupcake with color mist. This will take some practice.



Then, if you wish, you can add some green sprinkles!


A clover of cupcakes!



Of course, you wouldn't have to do green, seeing that St. Patrick's Day has passed. They sell almost every color of spray, so get creative! Maybe some light blues, pinks and yellows for the spring! Or a favorite color for someone's birthday. I'm sure you could find some excuse for making these irresistible little treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment