Saturday, April 17, 2010

A birthday cake...

...and cupcakes too! Abby and I's birthdays are both in April; 11 days apart! Since they're so close, I decided to do one big birthday post! I'll start with Abby's cake.


M&M Birthday Cake

1 yellow cake mix
1 recipe Creamy Chocolate Frosting (below)
1 12-oz. bag M&M's

Prepare cake according to directions on package. Cool. Prepare Creamy Chocolate Frosting.


Creamy Chocolate Frosting

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
2 teas. vanilla
About 3 Tabl. milk

Mix butter and cocoa in a large bowl. Stir in powdered sugar. Beat in vanilla and milk until smooth and of spreading consistency.


Now for the M&M's!


Separate out the colors you want, and make a design or message.



Frost the cake.


Then place the M&M's on.


Now you have your M&M birthday cake!

Ok, now for my birthday cupcakes!

Festive Birthday Cupcakes

Heavenly White Cupcakes
1 recipe Creamy White Frosting
Multi-colored party sprinkles
Marachino cherries

Prepare cupcakes according to directions. Cool completely.



Prepare Creamy White Frosting.


Using a large round tip, pipe dots of frosting on cupcake until the whole cupcake is full.


Then, sprinkle with party sprinkles.


And finally, top with a marachino cherry!



Festive and fun!


Not to mention yummy!



Oh yeah. I LOVE close-ups! Well, there's the birthday post! Hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment