This is a pretty lemon loaf that is perfect for spring! It is simple, pretty, light and lemony. Great for breakfast, with tea, or just because!
Lemon Tea Bread
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 dashes salt
1/2 cup 2% milk
Lemon Glaze
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and lemon peel; beat well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
Transfer to two 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.










Allison, you are so very talented!! I just read your mom's post about how you turned 14 and I just cannot believe that you are already so skilled at baking at such a young age!! I love looking at your recipes and wish I had more time to try them :)
ReplyDelete